So what happened to Lake Eden ski hill? The generally accepted story goes like this:
- Lake Eden was built in 1966 by Erwin and Will Zeiter.
- It functioned as a ski hill throughout the 1970′s, 1980′s through to the early 1990′s.
- In the early 1990′s investors sought to turn the resort into a golf course.
- When the development plans for the golf course were denied, the investors closed the resort.
- On August 18, 2010, the Lake Eden property was sold in a tax sale for $1.5 million to Jack Purdy, of Armac Investments Ltd.